9734 201 Street
(enter via 97th Avenue doors)
This course is for both first timers and workers with expired Fall Protection/Safety Monitor certificates that need to renew their training. RCABC offers a comprehensive Fall Protection/Safety Monitor course that focuses on the real life requirements to meet current WorkSafeBC standards and regulations.
Any employer with employees working at heights over 3 meters (10 feet) in BC will benefit from taking this course, as it provides workers with an understanding of different types of fall protection, emergency procedures and the required personal protective equipment.
Successful participants will be issued a Fall Protection/Safety Monitor certificate that is valid for 3 years.
- The roles and responsibilities of WorkSafeBC, the employer and the employee
- Fall related statistics, the causes of falls, and the importance of fall protection training
- The new WorkSafeBC Fall Protection Regulations
- Relevant topics for safety meetings
- Understanding and use of guardrail systems, fall restraint, safety net systems, personal fall arrest systems and personal devices
- Understanding and use of warning line and safety monitoring systems, covers, and protection from falling objects
- Understanding of ladder safety
- Knots used for fall restraint/fall arrest
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Education and Training Department at 604-882-3437 during regular business hours.
|Fall Protection and Safety Monitor Course||
|Fall Protection & Safety Monitor (RCABC Member rate)||
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 5 full business days prior to the course dart are subject to an administration fee of $30.
Registered participants that do not show up for a course will not receive a refund.
Substitutions for registered participants are permitted up to and including the day of the course.